By: Briana Salim
Lately, I've been pretty bored with my usual weekday dinner meals. Every day seems to taste quite similar -- some rice, sautéd vegetables and maybe add a pan seared protein. My palate had enough! She was definitely craving for some flavor, possibly a dish with a strong kick...
I present to you this easy FLAVORFUL Chicken Adobo! Get ready for a FLAVOR BOMB!
- 5 skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1tsp black peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- 8 cloves of garlic
1. Pan fry the chicken thighs with a little bit of oil and brown them for about 3-5 minutes
2. Meanwhile, smash the garlic cloves with the back of your knife
3. In a pot, mix together the soy sauce, white vinegar, smashed garlic, bay leaves and black peppercorns.
4. Put the chicken thighs in skin side down.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil. Once it is boiling, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes, turn the chicken and cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, uncover the pan and increase the heat. We want to reduce the sauce while occasionally turning the chicken. It should take around 5-6 minutes until the sauce becomes all sticky and delicious.
8. Serve with white rice and enjoy!