By: Wei Qing Lim
My obsession with chia seed pudding began in the early days of quarantine. While I LOVED switching off between oatmeal and cereal for breakfast, I was determined to change up my morning routine and began looking for new breakfast foods to add to the mix.
My curiosity with chia seed pudding began when I saw a recipe on TikTok— I wasn’t a fan of pudding, but I decided to save the video anyway.
I’m truly thankful for that one night of spontaneity that lead me to make the pudding. It did NOT disappoint, and chia seed puddings were all I ate for breakfast that month.
It’s been a while since I’ve made chia seed pudding, so I thought it would be a good time to bring it back, but with a twist! Here it is, the chia seed JAM pudding in all its glory!
• 1/2 cup chia seeds
• 1 cup of oat milk
• 2 tablespoons honey or less depending on desired sweetness
• A dash or two of cinnamon
• 1/4 cup assorted berries
• Raspberry jam or your jam of choice!
1. Stir chia seeds into oat milk, add honey and cinnamon and soak overnight.
2. Once the chia seeds have absorbed all the liquid, spoon a little into a cup, add a layer of jam, then add another layer of chia pudding, and alternate. Top it off with berries!